Professor at University of Connecticut at Storrs
Dept. of Chemistry and Polymer Program
Inducted – Founding member UCONN Chapter of National Association of Inventors, 2017.
Member, Connecticut Academy of Sciences and Engineering.
Co Founder of Alphachromatics Inc.
BS Mary Washington College (University of Mary Washington)
PhD University of Florida (w/ John Reynolds)
PostDoc California Institute of Technology (w/ Robert H. Grubbs and Nathan Lewis)
- Heterocyclic synthesis
- Polymer synthesis
- Optically transparent conductive polymers
Goals: To commercialize as much of my science as I can – and have fun doing it. I really want to see color changing fabric (electrochromic) be a product!
- Featured Alumni – U. Florida, 2007
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award (CHE), 2004
- ACS POLYED Undergraduate Polymer Chemistry Award, 1993
- American Institute of Chemists Award (Virginia), 1993
Have held and currently hold contracts with: Kraft Foods, Philip Morris USA, Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Samsung, Sekisui Chemical, Triton Systems, ITP Gmbh, Teleflex Medical, Victoria’s Secret, MC10, NSF, NIH, ACS-PRF, Army, Navy